If you’re brand new to growing it’s very easy to be overwhelmed by the amount of information there is. The best bet is to start small and build your knowledge (and garden) from there. Also be aware of the size of plot you can manage – from very small scale growing (if you’ve got a window ledge, you can grow!) to allotments, gardens and beyond.
- Read our free online articles
- Watch our free YouTube videos. The Grow your Own Fruit and Veg video is aimed at gardeners, while the others demonstrate vegan organic (stockfree) farms. All of these videos are available as higher-quality DVDs from our shop
- Become a member. As well as being sent our Growing Green International magazine twice a year, you can also get our DVDs for free (but there is postage to pay) and two of our books can be bought at reduced cost in our shop. Members can also read or download our full back catalogue of the Growing Green International magazine
- We occasionally send out free email newsletters to members and non members. If you’d like to receive them, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – there is an option to unsubscribe at any time
- If you can’t grow enough food, use our directory to find if there’s a vegan organic farmer selling fruit and veg near you
- Undertake a more formal course on stockfree growing. If you need financial support, apply for a VON bursary
If you have specific queries, want to find other growers in your area or just need some advice, do get in touch.