New One Day Training Courses @ Debdale Eco Centre & Hulme Community Garden Centre
Plotting the Future
This introductory course is for anyone who is interested in Organic Gardening. Participants will learn the basics of organic food growing and how to grow fruit and vegetables organically.
The course will cover:
- Getting Started – How to get your area ready for planting
- Your Soil – Understand different types of soil and how to make the most of it for your growing
- Planning your patch – How to encourage biodiversity and sustainability
- Organic Vegetable Growing – From the very basic seed sowing and propogation techniques to more advanced vegetable growing for the trickier vegetables
- Organic Fruit Growing – How to grow fruit in small spaces
- Maintaining and developing your produce – How to look after, harvest, and store your produce
Who is this course for?
We offer tailored versions of this course, that are aimed towards:
- Local residents across Manchester, Stockport and Tameside
- New and prospective allotment holders
- Housing or residents associations
- Allotment holders – The allotment course sessions are primarily geared for new allotment holders to give them the confidence, skills and knowledge to maintain a sustainable, productive and well kept plot. However, we find that existing plot holders also like to attend this course as a refresher and that they do still learn something new.
Length of the courses: We run a one day course programme and also a 6 week course programme across both sites.
Next Courses – All one day courses
Tuesday 26th February @ Hulme Community Garden Centre
Friday 1st March @ Debdale Eco Centre
Friday 15th March @ Debdale Eco Centre
All Couses run from 10am – 4pm and cost £25 per person. If you recieve benefits there is a reduced cost of £5 (evidence needed)
For more information and for booking details please contact Marva for the Debdale Courses @ firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 220 9199 and for courses held at Hulme please contact Katherine @ email@example.com or phone 0161 868 0821.
Debdale Eco Centre, Debdale Park, 1075 Hyde Rd, Gorton, Manchester. M18 7LJ
Hulme Community Garden Centre, Old Birley Street, Hulme, Manchester. M15 5RG